Samsung OneUI 7.0 update causes WORD to not open

Anonymous
2025-05-08T21:24:24+00:00

I recently got the Samsung One UI 7.0 upgrade. (It was forced.) Now WORD, EXCEL, and M365 Copilot will not open. There is a little flash when I try to open them, but no message or other visual. Samsung support has had me clear all cache on the phone, and do a settings reset. I have uninstalled, re-installed, and shut down my phone numerous times. Any ideas?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | Other | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-05-11T18:05:06+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-10T14:14:16+00:00

    I am having the same issue. I do not want to try anything on another device as my phone is the only device that I carry with me 24/7 and is the only device it is not working on since the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-09T13:18:30+00:00

    Hi Sindy,

    Thank you for using Microsoft products and making community posts.

    I understands the importance of resolving this issue, possibly this has something to do with the latest Samsung updates but don't worry here are some steps that you can try:

    1. Check App Permissions – Some users found that opening the Office Mobile App and manually allowing permissions helped Word, Excel, and other Microsoft apps start working again.
    2. Try a Different Version – If possible, install an older version of the apps from a trusted source or check if Samsung's Galaxy Store has a different version available.
    3. Try to launch the applications on different device to isolate the problem.
    4. Use Office Web Apps – Until a fix is available, you can access Word, Excel, and Copilot via Microsoft 365 online in your browser.

    Please feel free to let me know how it goes.

    Chan G

    Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments