OneNote "Search Notebooks" field covers the title and won't move

Anonymous
2025-05-15T05:04:16+00:00

In my OneNote the field box for "Search Notebooks" positioned itself over the title of the page and I can't move it.

I tried various Display settings and also reset the cache.

Anyone knows how to solve this ?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-09T21:30:46+00:00

    This change is awful. I use One-Note for all of my work and home projects. The search is in the way of my long titles and it keeps dropping down on me. I provided feedback but really there should be a way to move it back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-09T22:02:46+00:00

    Yet another awful Microsoft change pushed on long time users without the option to maintain the "old" view. I see this all the time in PowerApps, SharePoint Lists, and Power Automate. It sucks to be an MS user.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-10T02:44:43+00:00

    My primary issue with this and other failed changes and updates, is Microsoft’s continuing failure to test before imposing their failure on us.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-16T22:57:07+00:00

    It's not so much testing, as it is not properly asking their customers what they want.

    Why would anyone think that covering up any part of the content area is a good idea? The content area should be for content, and nothing else!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments