OneNote "Search Notebooks" field covers the title and won't move

Anonymous
2025-05-15T05:04:16+00:00

In my OneNote the field box for "Search Notebooks" positioned itself over the title of the page and I can't move it.

I tried various Display settings and also reset the cache.

Anyone knows how to solve this ?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T19:07:57+00:00

    i dislike this change too, very ugly, dont understand why and who made this change.....

    unfortunatelly looks like there is no option to move it back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T16:41:49+00:00

    I disklike this forced change.
    Instead of forcing a change please make a option to change the location. You could even make make a right click option on the search field to say where you want it docked at.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T16:16:59+00:00

    YES! I agree!

    long-time Onenote user that relies on Search every day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T15:47:21+00:00

    Please do NOT put "Search Notebooks" on same page as the Note! It is covering up all my long headings.

    What were you thinking putting in on the Note page??? I use the complete page and the "Search Notes" does not belong on the page!

    How do I move this now?? !! CRAZY MOVE PUT IT BACK WHERE IT WAS

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T09:33:50+00:00

    Same issue here and as previous posters have already said, "why move it in the first place?" Its gone from being out of the way and where you'd expect it to be to sitting over the top of a page? If it aint broke, dont fix it......

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments