OneNote "Search Notebooks" field covers the title and won't move

Anonymous
2025-05-15T05:04:16+00:00

In my OneNote the field box for "Search Notebooks" positioned itself over the title of the page and I can't move it.

I tried various Display settings and also reset the cache.

Anyone knows how to solve this ?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For business | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-06T15:58:36+00:00

    I agree with Rich, totally unnecessary change and quite annoying. please change it back.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-05T21:11:15+00:00

    I'm experiencing the same issue. I'm using left to right. The font on the search bar is much larger than the font I use in OneNote. Will try to change scale--perhaps my attempt to reduce eye strain has contributed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-03T17:19:56+00:00

    I thought I had messed with a setting somewhere. So glad I am not crazy - but also feel vindicated since everyone is as upset by this as I am!

    Stopping screwing with stuff!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T11:18:42+00:00

    Same issue here. Why change something that isn't an issue much-less make it so that users can't revert back to the non-moronic layout.

    The canned Microsoft response of "submit feedback" is just insulting. You submit feedback and if some random person there decides it's popular enough then the *might fix it. The top "upvoted" thing there is a year old and not implemented, proving that the 'feedback' system is just Microsofts way of telling its users to go yell into a hole if they don't like something.

    But since MS doesn't give a **** and feedback is the only option to imagine your input matters...

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-06-01T09:31:46+00:00

    I have the same issue, the search box hides the title of the page, and it is very disturbing. Please fix it so it goes back to the tabs bar where it was very well place and did not disturb anything for such a long time!

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments