Why is Windows Update "2025-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553)" continuously failing to update successfully

Anonymous
2025-07-14T03:35:20+00:00

Why is Windows Update "2025-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553)" continuously failing to update successfully


On 11-Jul-2025, after several attempts I managed to get the above update downloaded and installed in my Lenovo ThinkBook laptop.
However on 13-Jul-2025, when I restarted my laptop, this very update showed as available for download and install. So, I tried to do the download and install again. Since then I would have made 3 full attempts but every time it goes through the whole process of downloading and installing but at the end I get the error message that the Update Failed.

My PC is running very slow. Apps are not opening for long time (Not Responding) and really frustrating.

Is anyone facing the same problem? How to overcome this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-17T02:26:21+00:00

    The same has happened to me. I still can't get this thing installed. I have tried what the AI chat bot said to do, and it fails to install. Additionally, I tried the steps on a different computer and it's the same thing. Now all my computers are getting Install error - 0x800f0983.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-17T09:51:20+00:00

    I get the same, i've done step by step but still will not install

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-17T13:56:05+00:00

    This is not a required update. It is a PREVIEW update, meant for testing. Corporations run Windows LTSC.

    You're way out of your lane here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-17T19:52:25+00:00

    Im having the same problem here. Every time i get this same problem. why would ms continue sending out useless updates that just dont work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-17T20:48:17+00:00

    hi it is only at 8 percent :(

    edit:i am lagging a lot pls help

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments