Why is Windows Update "2025-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553)" continuously failing to update successfully

Anonymous
2025-07-14T03:35:20+00:00

Why is Windows Update "2025-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553)" continuously failing to update successfully


On 11-Jul-2025, after several attempts I managed to get the above update downloaded and installed in my Lenovo ThinkBook laptop.
However on 13-Jul-2025, when I restarted my laptop, this very update showed as available for download and install. So, I tried to do the download and install again. Since then I would have made 3 full attempts but every time it goes through the whole process of downloading and installing but at the end I get the error message that the Update Failed.

My PC is running very slow. Apps are not opening for long time (Not Responding) and really frustrating.

Is anyone facing the same problem? How to overcome this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-18T12:06:34+00:00

    Not able to update 2025-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-18T11:22:01+00:00

    I have a similar problem: 2025-07 Cumulative Update for Microsoft server operating system version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553) Install error - 0x800f0991

    Non of the solutions above help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-18T09:25:57+00:00

    I am having the same issue. It stalls at 6% and keeps giving error message. Unacceptable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-18T07:19:56+00:00

    I also have a problem with the update. And I also tried the .bat file approach, and it didn't work, the update continues to get stuck and fail. Do you reply to anyone else here? Because obviously this is a big issue that Microsoft needs to fix!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-18T05:34:55+00:00

    Figured out what you are talking about

    Run as a .bat fille

    Still won't download past 8%

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments