Why is Windows Update "2025-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553)" continuously failing to update successfully

Anonymous
2025-07-14T03:35:20+00:00

Why is Windows Update "2025-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553)" continuously failing to update successfully


On 11-Jul-2025, after several attempts I managed to get the above update downloaded and installed in my Lenovo ThinkBook laptop.
However on 13-Jul-2025, when I restarted my laptop, this very update showed as available for download and install. So, I tried to do the download and install again. Since then I would have made 3 full attempts but every time it goes through the whole process of downloading and installing but at the end I get the error message that the Update Failed.

My PC is running very slow. Apps are not opening for long time (Not Responding) and really frustrating.

Is anyone facing the same problem? How to overcome this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-20T04:51:02+00:00

    Hi Alvise,

    I would like to confirm, are we going to perform both of the instructions that you shared, or will we just choose one?

    I did try the bat extension and ran it as an administrator, but still unable to install the new updates, and it stuck at 8%.

    Your assistance will be much appreciated on this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-07-20T03:55:15+00:00

    HI Trav Bee,

    What do you mean that this is not a required update? I'm also having the same issue like everyone else here and I noticed that my laptop is lagging not sure if it has something to do with this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-20T03:05:49+00:00

    Thank you, this worked like a charm for me by using the command box.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-20T00:14:12+00:00

    I've got the same issue also. Tech services tried to help with chat but hours later no success....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-19T11:43:37+00:00

    not yet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments