Why is Windows Update "2025-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553)" continuously failing to update successfully

Anonymous
2025-07-14T03:35:20+00:00

Why is Windows Update "2025-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 24H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5062553)" continuously failing to update successfully


On 11-Jul-2025, after several attempts I managed to get the above update downloaded and installed in my Lenovo ThinkBook laptop.
However on 13-Jul-2025, when I restarted my laptop, this very update showed as available for download and install. So, I tried to do the download and install again. Since then I would have made 3 full attempts but every time it goes through the whole process of downloading and installing but at the end I get the error message that the Update Failed.

My PC is running very slow. Apps are not opening for long time (Not Responding) and really frustrating.

Is anyone facing the same problem? How to overcome this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-20T19:44:15+00:00

    I finally contacted a service tech .. yes, a real human, and the solution was a reinstall of windows 11. Took about 1.5 hrs...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Reported
    Anonymous
    2025-07-20T17:25:51+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem on my Lenovo Legion laptop. Install incomplete after running the manually downloaded installation file.

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-07-20T16:21:31+00:00

    I tried the batch file...did not work

    Tried manual download...did not work

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-07-20T15:37:12+00:00

    Thanks, but this didn't work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-07-20T12:23:34+00:00

    Follow the below process it worked for me.

    1. Go to Windows search and type Services.
    2. Check App readiness.
    3. Double click on App readiness.
    4. Startup type dropdown select "Automatic".
    5. Click on Apply.
    6. then click on Start.

    It will be downloaded without any issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments