OneDrive 'not enough cloud storage' despite paying for 2TB and have used 1% of it!!

Anonymous
2025-05-21T18:17:35+00:00

Hi all,

I recently changed my backup settings to something that I thought would work much simpler but OneDrive is not having any of it. This is my setup:

I have the usual Documents, Pictures and Video located in a OneDrive folder on second M2 drive in my PC.

I have pointed the Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos to this location. So F:\OneDrive\Pictures for example.

When I go into OneDrive settings and choose 'Manage Backup', it shows all the usual folders, scans for a few seconds, and everything is ticked, but everything showing 0kb. There is around 1TB of data in all the folders, mainly in the Pictures.

'Looking for changes', or 'waiting to upload' is seen one OneDrive, even often 0% of 1TB uploaded but always does it then tell me I don't have enough cloud storage, despite me paying for 2TB! It says on my MS account I am using 1% of the 2TB.

I have even gone to the lengths of completely resetting my PC, reinstalling Windows 11 etc this evening only to encounter the same issue.

Has anyone got any tips? Not sure where to go from here!

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-27T22:18:33+00:00

    Yep. Well the OneDrive folder is 20kb, because it’s unable to sync the folders as per the pictures above.

    The actual amount of data it should be syncing is 1.15TB.

    OK, so your OneDrive syncing folder is on the 4TB C drive. Is that right? What is the size of your OneDrive folder on the 4TB C drive? Go to the properties and check.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-05-27T22:46:44+00:00

    Did you try to upload a file using your computer (not your phone) to your account at onedrive.com? Sign into the account from your browser. DO NOT go to your account from the cloud icon on the taskbar.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-05-28T02:19:10+00:00

    If you can upload a file to the website, then either you are signed into Windows using the wrong account, or your Windows account profile is corrupted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-28T08:53:28+00:00

    No I cannot upload a file to the website, same error, out of storage.

    If you can upload a file to the website, then either you are signed into Windows using the wrong account, or your Windows account profile is corrupted.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-05-29T00:26:19+00:00

    I'll try to get you some help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments