A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Please try using the computer. Go to onedrive.com, click the "+ Create or upload" button, and upload a file.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi all,
I recently changed my backup settings to something that I thought would work much simpler but OneDrive is not having any of it. This is my setup:
I have the usual Documents, Pictures and Video located in a OneDrive folder on second M2 drive in my PC.
I have pointed the Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos to this location. So F:\OneDrive\Pictures for example.
When I go into OneDrive settings and choose 'Manage Backup', it shows all the usual folders, scans for a few seconds, and everything is ticked, but everything showing 0kb. There is around 1TB of data in all the folders, mainly in the Pictures.
'Looking for changes', or 'waiting to upload' is seen one OneDrive, even often 0% of 1TB uploaded but always does it then tell me I don't have enough cloud storage, despite me paying for 2TB! It says on my MS account I am using 1% of the 2TB.
I have even gone to the lengths of completely resetting my PC, reinstalling Windows 11 etc this evening only to encounter the same issue.
Has anyone got any tips? Not sure where to go from here!
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
If something is wrong with your Microsoft account, I cannot fix it. I'll try to get another Microsoft Agent to look into this.
If something is wrong with your Microsoft account, I cannot fix it. I'll try to get another Microsoft Agent to look into this.
If anyone is interested in how this is going, this is it:
Microsoft asked me to do a traceroute on my Microsoft account online when creating a document within onedrive.live and sending the export back to Microsoft so they can see what happened when I got the out-of-storage error.
The solution was telling me that because I had only 700gb left on my SSD that had onedrive on it, and the data I wanted to sync was over 1TB, I needed a bigger drive, enough free storage to cover what I wanted to sync.
So I purchased a shiny new Samsung Pro 990 4TB drive, hoping this would end all this. I installed Windows, kept everything in its default location (OneDrive), and went to sync. I'm not getting out storage messages anymore, but all I get in return is the below, which still suggests to me there is an issue still with my online Account.
I STILL can't create a new document at onedrive.live.com, and in hindsight, why would a new hard drive have fixed that issue?
So I'm £250 down, still paying for MS Premium Family and an extra 1TB of storage, and no closer to a solution.
The story continues...
Do you have 2TB of cloud storage on your Personal account? Do you also have a Work or School account syncing to your computer?
If your computer is considered a Work or School device, you will encounter these errors when connecting your Personal OneDrive to your computer if you are syncing the Windows Standard Folders (Desktop, Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos) to your work or school account. You cannot sync the Windows Standard Folders to both Work/School and Personal OneDrive accounts at the same time.