OneDrive 'not enough cloud storage' despite paying for 2TB and have used 1% of it!!

Anonymous
2025-05-21T18:17:35+00:00

Hi all,

I recently changed my backup settings to something that I thought would work much simpler but OneDrive is not having any of it. This is my setup:

I have the usual Documents, Pictures and Video located in a OneDrive folder on second M2 drive in my PC.

I have pointed the Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos to this location. So F:\OneDrive\Pictures for example.

When I go into OneDrive settings and choose 'Manage Backup', it shows all the usual folders, scans for a few seconds, and everything is ticked, but everything showing 0kb. There is around 1TB of data in all the folders, mainly in the Pictures.

'Looking for changes', or 'waiting to upload' is seen one OneDrive, even often 0% of 1TB uploaded but always does it then tell me I don't have enough cloud storage, despite me paying for 2TB! It says on my MS account I am using 1% of the 2TB.

I have even gone to the lengths of completely resetting my PC, reinstalling Windows 11 etc this evening only to encounter the same issue.

Has anyone got any tips? Not sure where to go from here!

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-06-02T08:27:37+00:00

    Hi Andybtsn,

    That's about the only thing you can do with issues with your account. Good luck getting this resolved.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-05T20:18:37+00:00

    9 days since any attempt at troubleshooting and their escalated service promise of an update today has not come. Not good.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-06-05T21:30:31+00:00

    I'm surprised how long it takes just to get an answer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-12T09:48:26+00:00

    Still no further forward....Nearly 3 weeks!

    Hello Andy,Thank you for your email.

    I regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

    We have thousands of users who all are facing the same issue while creating/uploading files in OneDrive. We are collectively working on those impacted users after reviewing the logs provided by them. We have already engaged the programming team to look into this, and they are making progress each day.

    Moreover, we got approval for providing you an extension in existing subscription services for the time period you have not used the OneDrive.

    I will be sharing the token of Good will gesture by tomorrow once it is issued by authorized person.

    Thank you for your patience & understanding on this matter.

    Sincerely,

    Hemlata Singh

    Sr. Support Escalation Engineer

    Customer Service and Support I Technical –T3Working Hours: Mon– Fri 05:00 AM to 02:30 PM PDT

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-06-12T18:06:53+00:00

    That is surprising.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments