OneDrive 'not enough cloud storage' despite paying for 2TB and have used 1% of it!!

Anonymous
2025-05-21T18:17:35+00:00

Hi all,

I recently changed my backup settings to something that I thought would work much simpler but OneDrive is not having any of it. This is my setup:

I have the usual Documents, Pictures and Video located in a OneDrive folder on second M2 drive in my PC.

I have pointed the Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos to this location. So F:\OneDrive\Pictures for example.

When I go into OneDrive settings and choose 'Manage Backup', it shows all the usual folders, scans for a few seconds, and everything is ticked, but everything showing 0kb. There is around 1TB of data in all the folders, mainly in the Pictures.

'Looking for changes', or 'waiting to upload' is seen one OneDrive, even often 0% of 1TB uploaded but always does it then tell me I don't have enough cloud storage, despite me paying for 2TB! It says on my MS account I am using 1% of the 2TB.

I have even gone to the lengths of completely resetting my PC, reinstalling Windows 11 etc this evening only to encounter the same issue.

Has anyone got any tips? Not sure where to go from here!

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-05-22T22:33:14+00:00

    It looks like my online OneDrive could be broke? This all seems to have come about after adding an extra 1Tb storage per month.

    Contact support to find out: https://onedrive.live.com/?action=feedback

    Contact - Microsoft Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-05-22T22:27:57+00:00

    Is your Downloads folder in your OneDrive folder? Your Downloads folder is not a folder to select in Manage Backup, so somehow you have been moving folders from their default locations.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-22T12:17:14+00:00

    For curiosity sake, I reset the PC again. Left everything as default, including OneDrive location etc. I moved some data from Documents to see if the would sync and it wouldn’t. Still the same issues.

    It looks like my online OneDrive could be broke? This all seems to have come about after adding an extra 1Tb storage per month.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-22T08:24:08+00:00

    Hi, and welcome to the Microsoft community.

    Is your OneDrive linked to the correct account? Go to the OneDrive white cloud icon on the taskbar, then to View online. In the account that appears, do you have 2TB available?

    Go to Choose folders. At the bottom you will see the location of your OneDrive folder. Is it F:\OneDrive?

    When you turn on the backup at Manage Backup, your desktop, documents, pictures, music, and videos folders will automatically move. There is no need to move them manually.

    Craig

    Hi,

    • yep OneDrive is linked to the correct account. View Online, takes me to my Microsoft Account.
    • Going to choose folders, yes, F:\OneDrive is at the bottom. Again, though the folders it shows doesn't appear right. Only Attachments, Pictures and Videos displays (all 0.0KB) if I drill down into Pictures, it doesn't show any sub folders that I have, it's like its looking at another Pictures folder?
    • I didn't move anything as per say, I have my Data on a secondary 2TB drive (main drive 256gb) so I just relocate the quick access folders to the 2TB drive so I can easily go into Documents, Pictures etc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-05-21T22:23:10+00:00

    Hi, and welcome to the Microsoft community.

    Is your OneDrive linked to the correct account? Go to the OneDrive white cloud icon on the taskbar, then to View online. In the account that appears, do you have 2TB available?

    Go to Choose folders. At the bottom you will see the location of your OneDrive folder. Is it F:\OneDrive?

    When you turn on the backup at Manage Backup, your desktop, documents, pictures, music, and videos folders will automatically move. There is no need to move them manually.

    Craig

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments