OneDrive 'not enough cloud storage' despite paying for 2TB and have used 1% of it!!

Anonymous
2025-05-21T18:17:35+00:00

Hi all,

I recently changed my backup settings to something that I thought would work much simpler but OneDrive is not having any of it. This is my setup:

I have the usual Documents, Pictures and Video located in a OneDrive folder on second M2 drive in my PC.

I have pointed the Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos to this location. So F:\OneDrive\Pictures for example.

When I go into OneDrive settings and choose 'Manage Backup', it shows all the usual folders, scans for a few seconds, and everything is ticked, but everything showing 0kb. There is around 1TB of data in all the folders, mainly in the Pictures.

'Looking for changes', or 'waiting to upload' is seen one OneDrive, even often 0% of 1TB uploaded but always does it then tell me I don't have enough cloud storage, despite me paying for 2TB! It says on my MS account I am using 1% of the 2TB.

I have even gone to the lengths of completely resetting my PC, reinstalling Windows 11 etc this evening only to encounter the same issue.

Has anyone got any tips? Not sure where to go from here!

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-23T17:51:07+00:00

    Have you tried uploading a file to the OneDrive website? Does it say you maxed out storage at onedrive.com?

    Yes, that’s what I meant by uploading something to OneDrive.live.com. I uploaded a picture on my mobile just now and get the following

    Weird eh

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-05-23T17:37:18+00:00

    Have you tried uploading a file to the OneDrive website? Does it say you maxed out storage at onedrive.com?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-05-23T17:20:14+00:00

    I don't know why adding the additional 1TB would cause OneDrive to stop syncing. What happened to the files that were in OneDrive before you added the additional 1TB? Did the files move into the recycle bin at onedrive.com? Did you delete them from the recycle bin? They don't just disappear.

    Yeah, when they went to the recycle bin I deleted what was in there to ensure that wasn’t messing with free space. The fact this all happened after adding the 1TB is far too coincidental.

    I’ve sent screen recordings and pictures to Ms Support, they’re advising me to try all the things I’ve already done, worryingly. The fact I can’t go to OneDrive.live and upload a file because I’ve maxed out storage surely screams an issue with my online account rather than my PC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-05-23T17:02:51+00:00

    I don't know why adding the additional 1TB would cause OneDrive to stop syncing. What happened to the files that were in OneDrive before you added the additional 1TB? Did the files move into the recycle bin at onedrive.com? Did you delete them from the recycle bin? They don't just disappear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-23T06:30:54+00:00

    Is your Downloads folder in your OneDrive folder? Your Downloads folder is not a folder to select in Manage Backup, so somehow you have been moving folders from their default locations.

    Does that matter? You seem more concerned about trying to identify something I’ve done wrong rather than trying to help. As I’ve said, I’ve had OneDrive on a secondary drive for years, and yes probably Downloads has been there as it sits with the core Documents, Desktop, Pictures, Videos folders.

    Yes, I’ve contacted Ms support but having used them before I have 0% confidence in them helping.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments