OneDrive 'not enough cloud storage' despite paying for 2TB and have used 1% of it!!

Anonymous
2025-05-21T18:17:35+00:00

Hi all,

I recently changed my backup settings to something that I thought would work much simpler but OneDrive is not having any of it. This is my setup:

I have the usual Documents, Pictures and Video located in a OneDrive folder on second M2 drive in my PC.

I have pointed the Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos to this location. So F:\OneDrive\Pictures for example.

When I go into OneDrive settings and choose 'Manage Backup', it shows all the usual folders, scans for a few seconds, and everything is ticked, but everything showing 0kb. There is around 1TB of data in all the folders, mainly in the Pictures.

'Looking for changes', or 'waiting to upload' is seen one OneDrive, even often 0% of 1TB uploaded but always does it then tell me I don't have enough cloud storage, despite me paying for 2TB! It says on my MS account I am using 1% of the 2TB.

I have even gone to the lengths of completely resetting my PC, reinstalling Windows 11 etc this evening only to encounter the same issue.

Has anyone got any tips? Not sure where to go from here!

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-05-27T21:12:14+00:00

    What is the location of your OneDrive folder? Right-click it and go to Properties.

    It should appear with a blue cloud icon. Don't you want it on your F drive? So why did you go to your C drive if your F drive has a lot of storage?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-05-27T20:53:03+00:00

    I'm glad you suggested this as something else I can send to MS! When I do as you suggested, I get the out out of storage again!

    Good luck to you!

    Does the OneDrive folder at C>Users>username>OneDrive sync properly? Test it out by placing a file in the OneDrive folder and checking online. Just because you can't sync the Standard Folders at Manage Backup doesn't mean your OneDrive isn't syncing. You can unpin those folders from Quick Access and create your own manila folders in OneDrive to pin to Quick Access.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-05-27T20:35:42+00:00

    Good luck to you!

    Does the OneDrive folder at C>Users>username>OneDrive sync properly? Test it out by placing a file in the OneDrive folder and checking online. Just because you can't sync the Standard Folders at Manage Backup doesn't mean your OneDrive isn't syncing. You can unpin those folders from Quick Access and create your own manila folders in OneDrive to pin to Quick Access.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-05-27T20:24:40+00:00

    I appreciate the help; I can find no similar issues on the web. It's been escalated to engineering, apparently within MS, so hopefully they find something.

    OK, if you don't also have a work account, I have no idea what might be wrong. I can only speak from my experience using both a personal and business account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-27T20:16:42+00:00

    It's a fresh build of Windows, I haven't installed anything on it, let alone log into another Microsoft account so I can't see that being an issue.

    Even if you sign into Windows with your Personal account, you may need to remove your Work or School account from your computer if Microsoft thinks you are using a Work or School device. I'm not sure, but doing this may allow you to toggle ON your folders at Manage Backup.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvjlfiZPVnE

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments