OneDrive 'not enough cloud storage' despite paying for 2TB and have used 1% of it!!

Anonymous
2025-05-21T18:17:35+00:00

Hi all,

I recently changed my backup settings to something that I thought would work much simpler but OneDrive is not having any of it. This is my setup:

I have the usual Documents, Pictures and Video located in a OneDrive folder on second M2 drive in my PC.

I have pointed the Downloads, Documents, Pictures, Music and Videos to this location. So F:\OneDrive\Pictures for example.

When I go into OneDrive settings and choose 'Manage Backup', it shows all the usual folders, scans for a few seconds, and everything is ticked, but everything showing 0kb. There is around 1TB of data in all the folders, mainly in the Pictures.

'Looking for changes', or 'waiting to upload' is seen one OneDrive, even often 0% of 1TB uploaded but always does it then tell me I don't have enough cloud storage, despite me paying for 2TB! It says on my MS account I am using 1% of the 2TB.

I have even gone to the lengths of completely resetting my PC, reinstalling Windows 11 etc this evening only to encounter the same issue.

Has anyone got any tips? Not sure where to go from here!

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T08:18:55+00:00

    I'm still waiting for a decent response. I had to chase a few times to get acknowledgement, then on Friday I was told I would get a response by the 5th June..

    To get better help, you should create a new question.

    Try asking support here first to see if there are issues with your account: Email OneDrive Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Craig Long 18,635 Reputation points
    2025-06-02T08:00:10+00:00

    To get better help, you should create a new question.

    Try asking support here first to see if there are issues with your account: Email OneDrive Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-02T06:32:12+00:00

    Hey there,

    I'm glad to have found this thread, as I've been experiencing the same error messages for several days. This began on May 26th or 27th, 2025, and I haven't made any changes.

    I've already opened a case (7077012067), but the responsiveness has been very poor.

    This issue affects all my devices and platforms (Windows, Linux, OneDrive Web, Home Assistant Backup, Excel Online), confirming it's not a client issue. Unlinking, reinstalling, and other troubleshooting steps have been ineffective, indicating a problem with OneDrive and my account.

    Could you please escalate the priority of this case? I suspect many more users are impacted.

    Thanks and best regards,

    Michael

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-29T07:41:15+00:00

    Thank you.

    MS had been communicating with me on a daily basis but since the escalation to engineering haven’t heard anything for a couple of days.

    I'll try to get you some help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments