MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-12T17:46:55+00:00

    But then they are telling me I am saving 16% but have increased my family plan from $109 to $145 (a 33% increase). So does that mean it should have been a 50% increase. I love the way that you are meant to be grateful for a discount while you are being ripped off!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-19T20:51:05+00:00

    Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

    How is it possible that the classic version costs more? Microsoft, please allow your customers to downgrade to the classic package that WITHOUT COPILOT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-27T15:34:11+00:00

    Where did these screenshots come from and how old are they?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T09:06:54+00:00

    This is a huge price increase and I did not ask for the addition of AI, so why do I have to pay for.

    This is unreasonable!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-28T12:31:57+00:00

    Wish I could answer. That’s my question. After waiting in the queue and talking to someone (total two hours) I finally got someone in tech support to tell me if I reach out to MS 48 hours before they charge me for the next year subscription, I can get it for the price we’ve been paying ($99.95). But this is a one time deal. Next year when it goes to renew, it will be what they want to charge…($129.95). 😖

    I’ve noticed several ads on Groupon lately offering full blownMS Office 24 for $30 but don’t know all the details. Makes me wonder what/if anything is different?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments