MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-05T16:30:18+00:00

    I am writing to formally express my frustration and disappointment regarding the recent price increase for Microsoft 365 Home. As a long-time customer and loyal user of your services, I find this decision both frustrating and unjustified, particularly in the current economic climate where affordability and value are of utmost importance to consumers.

    Microsoft 365 has long been my preferred choice for productivity tools due to its seamless integration, user-friendly experience, and cloud-based convenience. However, the recent price hike has left me deeply dissatisfied, as it feels like an unfair imposition on customers who rely on this service for both personal and professional use. While I understand that businesses must adjust pricing models to sustain operations, the magnitude of this increase appears excessive and poorly justified from a customer perspective.

    One of the key selling points of Microsoft 365 Home was its affordability for families and individuals who need access to premium applications without breaking the bank. By raising the cost, Microsoft has made it increasingly difficult for budget-conscious customers to maintain their subscriptions. This price increase feels particularly unreasonable given that there have been no substantial improvements in the service that would warrant such a drastic change in pricing. If Microsoft is expecting customers to pay more, then there should be clear and tangible benefits associated with this decision.

    Furthermore, as a consumer, I feel blindsided by the lack of sufficient communication and justification for this price increase. A more transparent approach, including a detailed explanation of why the price hike is necessary and how it will improve the user experience, would have been more appropriate. Instead, customers are left feeling exploited and undervalued.

    It is also disappointing that, despite the increase in cost, there are still ongoing issues within Microsoft 365 that remain unaddressed. Performance inconsistencies, occasional software glitches, and storage limitations continue to persist, raising the question of whether Microsoft is truly prioritizing customer satisfaction or simply focusing on revenue maximization. If the company expects users to pay more, then it is only reasonable to expect a proportional improvement in service quality and feature offerings.

    As a loyal customer, I am urging Microsoft to reconsider this decision and to explore alternative ways to maintain affordability while ensuring business sustainability. If the price increase is unavoidable, Microsoft should at the very least provide added value to customers through enhanced features, increased cloud storage, or other tangible benefits that justify the additional expense.

    Failing to address these concerns will inevitably push many loyal customers to explore alternative services offered by competitors, many of which provide comparable features at a more reasonable price. I strongly encourage Microsoft to listen to its customer base and reconsider this price adjustment before losing the trust and satisfaction of its loyal users.

    I hope to receive a prompt response regarding this matter and look forward to hearing Microsoft’s stance on how it plans to address the dissatisfaction expressed by its users.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T01:39:56+00:00

    Hi BKSlone,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

     
    As you have learned in another thread. The reason for the subscription price increase is that the product team has added Copilot to all Office applications starting from January 16, 2025. As a cost for unlimited use of AI, Microsoft has raised the subscription price.

    Image

    However, if you do not need this feature, you can downgrade your subscription to Microsoft 365 Classic subcription, which will reduce the subscription price by $30. Correspondingly, your monthly quota for using Copilot to assist in creating documents will be limited. For more information about the Microsoft 365 Classic subscription and how to cancel your subscription for a refund, please refer to: Switching to Microsoft 365 Personal and Family Classic Plans - Microsoft Support

     

    I hope my explanation helps you understand the reason for your subscription price increase. Although the decision to raise prices was not made by me, I completely understand how you feel. Copilot can indeed be disabled, but this falls outside the scope of the discussion on the subscription price increase thread. I will address your other thread about disabling Copilot later.

     

    If you have any further questions or want to share more context about the subscription price increase, please let me know in your reply!

     

    Best Regards,

    Thomas C - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist 

    hello,

    how do i get the refund? You write "[...] and how to cancel your subscription for a refund, please refer to: [...]"

    my subscription renewed just now (march 13 at 1:37 a.m. acc. to the email from Paypal), and 1 hour later (at 2:31 a.m.) all I can do is downgrade to the classic plan following the steps in the links you posted, but no refund in sight. the website only says:

    You’re switching to Microsoft 365 Personal Classic. There is no charge today. Your subscription will switch on 3/13/2026 and we’ll charge 69,00 € including estimated VAT every year.

    I want my money back! I have not agreed to a higher subscription tier, and I had already deactivated any and all co-pilot nonsense in all of the office applications - as far as they had integrated buttons for that - months ago.

    so why should I pay for something I don't need and I'm not even allowed to use acc. to the data safety agreements signed for most of my clients?

    how to get a refund?

    thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-17T17:54:27+00:00

    Looks like someone in M$ looking the way to grab a billion from ordinary users. The price will go up almost 2 times vs 2024. In the family office they also removed normal one drive folder sharing within family. Suspicious move to restrict office functionality. Greedy M$ and the Google does the same things. Oligopoly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-24T03:38:08+00:00

    I'm canceling my subscription...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments