MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-24T21:40:21+00:00

    Hi BKSlone,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

     
    As you have learned in another thread. The reason for the subscription price increase is that the product team has added Copilot to all Office applications starting from January 16, 2025. As a cost for unlimited use of AI, Microsoft has raised the subscription price.

    Image

    However, if you do not need this feature, you can downgrade your subscription to Microsoft 365 Classic subcription, which will reduce the subscription price by $30. Correspondingly, your monthly quota for using Copilot to assist in creating documents will be limited. For more information about the Microsoft 365 Classic subscription and how to cancel your subscription for a refund, please refer to: Switching to Microsoft 365 Personal and Family Classic Plans - Microsoft Support

     

    I hope my explanation helps you understand the reason for your subscription price increase. Although the decision to raise prices was not made by me, I completely understand how you feel. Copilot can indeed be disabled, but this falls outside the scope of the discussion on the subscription price increase thread. I will address your other thread about disabling Copilot later.

     

    If you have any further questions or want to share more context about the subscription price increase, please let me know in your reply!

     

    Best Regards,

    Thomas C - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist 

    It just silly that we have to pay for copilot and don't even use it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-27T01:56:10+00:00

    When I look at what COPILOT offers - it is ALL ABOUT increasing productivity AT WORK!!

    Summarizing meetings, etc, etc.

    I have a FAMILY license so myself and my kids can have Word, Excel, Powerpoint and OneDrive.

    We DON'T WANT OR NEED COPILOT FOR FAMILY

    It's a WORK tool - not a FAMILY tool!!!!!!!

    Huge price rise claiming to pay for Copilot when we don't want it is complete extortion!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-01T22:50:04+00:00

    My increase in Canada is from $75 CDN to $115 CDN; that is a 53% increase.

    Greedy f'rs.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-02T00:41:08+00:00

    I have personal 365 and it jumped from 6.99 to 9.99. Can you explain why and what does copilot do? Do I need it for personal use?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-04T10:34:06+00:00

    As you say, it’s mainly corporate greed. There is nothing to substantiate it. We’ve already seen competitors producing AI tools for a fraction of the price. It’s amazing just how much you can do without when pushed to it. I can use my company computer for office apps and my daughter can use educational access so wondering if I should just bin Microsoft off my personal devices. How are those apples Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments