Microsoft justifies this by including Copilot AI in all plans, but they never clearly informed users that a non-AI “Classic” version exists for $30 less per year. Instead of making it easy to switch, they force users to cancel their subscription and manually resubscribe, which feels like an unnecessary barrier to opting out of AI.
On top of that, Microsoft says the Classic plan is only available for a “limited time”, meaning we may eventually be forced into AI integration, whether we want it or not. This approach lacks transparency and gives users little real choice—why not offer Copilot as an optional add-on instead of bundling it into all plans and increasing prices?
Frankly, I find this unethical. I don’t need Copilot. I’m tired of every company forcing AI into everything. Microsoft was late to the AI game, and now they’re pushing it aggressively at our expense. First, they took away our PCs with their bloated post Windows 7 OS updates, and now they’re taking subscription control away from users.
This is getting out of hand.