MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-24T16:37:54+00:00

    30%? Consider yourself Lucky...

    In Norway, the subscription price has increased by a whopping 88% from one day to the next. It's for AI elements I won't use. Designer is not worth the money at all. For example, what is the point of being able to remove the background, without the possibility to replace the background? To be able to use AI in Outlook, only Microsoft addresses such as @outlook.com can be used. I have no interest in changing my email address which I have had for 20 years.

    Also very tired of the eternal hassle of upgrading 365 to a family subscription, buying Copilot, more storage space for One Drive. I know which services I want and how much cloud storage I need. I don't have numbers on how many times I see advertisements in a product I subscribe to, every single day. I

    t is aggressive marketing that does not suit our culture. Very different from the US.. The times I've been in the US, for I can't watch TV. Here in Norway, it is not allowed to interrupt an episode of, for example, "Yellowstone" with advertising. The commercial time is a few minutes between each program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-24T19:26:51+00:00

    Thanks so much for the quick response. I have never gotten a response from Microsoft when I contacted support and asked a question! I will most certainly try your suggestion and report back. The price showing in my account for my next renewal is $30 higher. It was by accident that I noticed this. I never received any notice from Microsoft that this was happening!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T15:01:01+00:00

    Microsoft 365 Family Classic is "Available for a Limited Time"
    Yes, the product team may discontinue Microsoft 365 Classic subscription in about a year, and everyone will be forced to upgrade to the new pricing.

    This needs pushback because what you're describing is absolutely disgusting business practice. A forced upgrade and price increase - but you can keep what you have now at the same price - but only for one year. This is not available in the "manage" section, only the "cancel" section. Disgusting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-29T05:09:58+00:00

    Couldn't agree more! I do not want Copilot - never asked for it and now next year I'll be forced to pay money for something I won't use. Why do tech companies always force what they think is good for us on us?

    They should offer it as an add on for those who wish to adopt it. I will spend the time deciding if I should move to Google or Libre suite.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-29T14:32:35+00:00

    I too in sample predicament, don't want AI. I found how to revert back to Classic, I went to my account, select cancel where the three options exists to keep 30% increase coming with AI, OR select Classic that remains as is at $99, no change to my other family members or select personal

    Hope that helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments