MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-24T19:26:51+00:00

    Thanks so much for the quick response. I have never gotten a response from Microsoft when I contacted support and asked a question! I will most certainly try your suggestion and report back. The price showing in my account for my next renewal is $30 higher. It was by accident that I noticed this. I never received any notice from Microsoft that this was happening!

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-24T16:37:54+00:00

    30%? Consider yourself Lucky...

    In Norway, the subscription price has increased by a whopping 88% from one day to the next. It's for AI elements I won't use. Designer is not worth the money at all. For example, what is the point of being able to remove the background, without the possibility to replace the background? To be able to use AI in Outlook, only Microsoft addresses such as @outlook.com can be used. I have no interest in changing my email address which I have had for 20 years.

    Also very tired of the eternal hassle of upgrading 365 to a family subscription, buying Copilot, more storage space for One Drive. I know which services I want and how much cloud storage I need. I don't have numbers on how many times I see advertisements in a product I subscribe to, every single day. I

    t is aggressive marketing that does not suit our culture. Very different from the US.. The times I've been in the US, for I can't watch TV. Here in Norway, it is not allowed to interrupt an episode of, for example, "Yellowstone" with advertising. The commercial time is a few minutes between each program.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T12:15:33+00:00

    You may already be on the Classic subscription. Since the community is a public forum, your account information is not visible, and I cannot check your subscription status in the backend. You can contact online support for accurate assistance—they can help you check or downgrade your subscription.

    Contact Microsoft Support.

    1. Visit this website: https://support.microsoft.com/home/contact
    2. Type in your problems in the search box there. For instance, subscription/Tax invoices/refund, etc.
    3. Now click Get help, and Select Contact Support below.
    4. Go to the Products and services tab, and choose either Microsoft 365 and Office category or Other Products
    5. On the Category tab, choose Manage My Subscription or other alternatives.
    6. Go to Confirm.
    7. You can now choose the option of Chat with a support agent on your web browser.

    **Please Note:**The Chat support team only works at certain times, so if the last window says you are not available, try to open it again the next day. If you prefer phone support, you can leave a phone number. That way, they can call you and help you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T12:15:02+00:00

    Subscription Fee for Microsoft 365 Family Classic
    It should be the price of your previous subscription.

    Microsoft 365 Family Classic is "Available for a Limited Time"
    Yes, the product team may discontinue Microsoft 365 Classic subscription in about a year, and everyone will be forced to upgrade to the new pricing. However, this has not happened yet. I recommend submitting feedback to the product team. The more feedback they receive, the more Microsoft will need to consider the impact of the price changes. This might help prevent them from forcing the subscription price upgrade: Giving Feedback on Microsoft Word or other Microsoft Products - Microsoft Community

    If I Downgrade to Microsoft 365 Family Classic, How Does This Affect Other Family Users?
    After your subscription is downgraded, you may need to re-add family members to the shared subscription list (depending on whether your family group has more than 6 members; if it does not exceed 6, the subscription will automatically apply to existing family members). Family members do not need to take any additional actions or reinstall the Office applications, and no data will be lost. Please rest assured.

    I hope my explanation has clarified your question.

    Thomas

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-22T01:15:34+00:00

    I have tried going to subscriptions in my account and follow the instructions. However, when I select "cancel" the only option offered is to switch to monthly subscription.

    Thanks in advance for your help.

    Celeste

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments