MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T18:48:49+00:00

    To be clear, it's a 43% price increase.

    And for the 99% that don't care about AI in a product designed for home use, it would have been nice to at least have the OneDrive bumped up to 1.5 or 2 TB. Then we'd at least feel like we are getting some extra benefit to make up for the enormous price increase.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-30T13:53:39+00:00

    Presumably the business thinking behind making people downgrade to a monthly subscription is to allow Microsoft freedom from a rush of annual renewals before the price rise for all "in about a year", thereby ensuring subscribers who currently choose not to have "Copilot" are forced into paying the higher rate earlier than otherwise?

    Note that many of us do not need or welcome such assistance from "Copilot".

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-29T14:32:35+00:00

    I too in sample predicament, don't want AI. I found how to revert back to Classic, I went to my account, select cancel where the three options exists to keep 30% increase coming with AI, OR select Classic that remains as is at $99, no change to my other family members or select personal

    Hope that helps

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-29T05:09:58+00:00

    Couldn't agree more! I do not want Copilot - never asked for it and now next year I'll be forced to pay money for something I won't use. Why do tech companies always force what they think is good for us on us?

    They should offer it as an add on for those who wish to adopt it. I will spend the time deciding if I should move to Google or Libre suite.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T15:01:01+00:00

    Microsoft 365 Family Classic is "Available for a Limited Time"
    Yes, the product team may discontinue Microsoft 365 Classic subscription in about a year, and everyone will be forced to upgrade to the new pricing.

    This needs pushback because what you're describing is absolutely disgusting business practice. A forced upgrade and price increase - but you can keep what you have now at the same price - but only for one year. This is not available in the "manage" section, only the "cancel" section. Disgusting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments