MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-07T08:37:40+00:00

    42% price hike? Now THAT'S inflation! Not only do I not want/need Copilot, I have NEVER used Excel or PowerPoint or Teams or One Note. I don't use OneDrive either. We are forced to pay for stuff we don't want or need and there are few if any other alternatives.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-04T23:47:35+00:00

    No offence, but have to admit that the way the price increased is annoying.

    If you missed the message you automatically going to pay for the extra $30 for the copilot, wether you like it or not, and you have to take extra efford to find out that there is an option to avoid being charged extra.

    Certainly reducing customer satisfaction, but for the sake of the revenue Microsoft is going to do it anyway.

    "If you don't pay attention, you're going to pay for what you don't need, and it your own fault."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-24T03:38:08+00:00

    I'm canceling my subscription...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-17T17:54:27+00:00

    Looks like someone in M$ looking the way to grab a billion from ordinary users. The price will go up almost 2 times vs 2024. In the family office they also removed normal one drive folder sharing within family. Suspicious move to restrict office functionality. Greedy M$ and the Google does the same things. Oligopoly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T01:39:56+00:00

    Hi BKSlone,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

     
    As you have learned in another thread. The reason for the subscription price increase is that the product team has added Copilot to all Office applications starting from January 16, 2025. As a cost for unlimited use of AI, Microsoft has raised the subscription price.

    Image

    However, if you do not need this feature, you can downgrade your subscription to Microsoft 365 Classic subcription, which will reduce the subscription price by $30. Correspondingly, your monthly quota for using Copilot to assist in creating documents will be limited. For more information about the Microsoft 365 Classic subscription and how to cancel your subscription for a refund, please refer to: Switching to Microsoft 365 Personal and Family Classic Plans - Microsoft Support

     

    I hope my explanation helps you understand the reason for your subscription price increase. Although the decision to raise prices was not made by me, I completely understand how you feel. Copilot can indeed be disabled, but this falls outside the scope of the discussion on the subscription price increase thread. I will address your other thread about disabling Copilot later.

     

    If you have any further questions or want to share more context about the subscription price increase, please let me know in your reply!

     

    Best Regards,

    Thomas C - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist 

    hello,

    how do i get the refund? You write "[...] and how to cancel your subscription for a refund, please refer to: [...]"

    my subscription renewed just now (march 13 at 1:37 a.m. acc. to the email from Paypal), and 1 hour later (at 2:31 a.m.) all I can do is downgrade to the classic plan following the steps in the links you posted, but no refund in sight. the website only says:

    You’re switching to Microsoft 365 Personal Classic. There is no charge today. Your subscription will switch on 3/13/2026 and we’ll charge 69,00 € including estimated VAT every year.

    I want my money back! I have not agreed to a higher subscription tier, and I had already deactivated any and all co-pilot nonsense in all of the office applications - as far as they had integrated buttons for that - months ago.

    so why should I pay for something I don't need and I'm not even allowed to use acc. to the data safety agreements signed for most of my clients?

    how to get a refund?

    thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments