MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-19T20:51:05+00:00

    Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

    How is it possible that the classic version costs more? Microsoft, please allow your customers to downgrade to the classic package that WITHOUT COPILOT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-12T17:46:55+00:00

    But then they are telling me I am saving 16% but have increased my family plan from $109 to $145 (a 33% increase). So does that mean it should have been a 50% increase. I love the way that you are meant to be grateful for a discount while you are being ripped off!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-10T21:27:00+00:00

    Call MS at least 48 hours prior to subscriptions end. The $30 increase will be waived. Per CS when I called yesterday to complain. Now I have to call back mid June to make this happen. What a pain!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-10T21:08:06+00:00

    Thanks for this advice Thomas C - just what I wanted to find out. I did not want Copilot in the first place. Good riddance!

    It's a rather bad faith manœuvre by Microsoft to make Copilot opt-out rather than opt-in. So bamboozling us is how we are rewarded for our loyalty?

    Best wishes

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-08T19:43:40+00:00

    why does all help desk responses always reply with 'be rest assured'? that has become the normal and more times than not, whenever I have 'rest assured' it always backfires. Hey HD...quit using that rhetorical quote for God's sake!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments