MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-08T09:57:54+00:00

    Microsoft should make clear how to subscribe without AI and the price for that option.

    Unfortunately they like to keep you in the dark.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-06T20:47:57+00:00

    My increase is a whopping 45%, from a yearly 79 CAD to 115$, and since it's a by-default increase it will catch millions of users unawares, maybe for years to come. MS should renew at the same price and announce new offerings with staggered price increases, not the other way around, where you have to explicitly change your subscription. It's bad client relations, and I think I will switch to Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T13:01:15+00:00

    I believe we can 'downgrade' the yearly subscription by choosing the subscription without AI. There is a way to get to those options explained in this forum.

    Publisher and Skype removal is new to me...I don't use either. The way I understand it is we can choose MS 365 without AI and keep it at the same $99.95 a year. AI is the $30 (30%) increase. However, I will refer to a previous reply of mine: you are able to call MS billing and request you get another year of exactly what you have now, as long as the call is made 48 hours prior to the date of subscription renewal. This offer is good for only a year. After that year, if you keep everything you will have to endure the current increase ($30). Make sense? Gives us at least another year to negotiate (hassle) MS into keeping what we have at the price we've been paying. I don't mind letting MS know how I feel on a regular basis! ;-) I have used AI a few times since it was added it and like it but I can live without it. Losing it makes no difference to me. Hope this info helps!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T12:43:41+00:00

    Taking away two products (Skype and Publisher) and increasing the price with 30% is unacceptable.

    email from MS:

    Microsoft is committed to improving your Microsoft 365 subscription. We regularly review how our subscribers use features within Microsoft products. This email includes details regarding features going away next year and reminders about current benefits included with your subscription.

    • Beginning March 03, 2026, you will no longer have access to 60 minutes of monthly Skype calls to mobile phones and landlines. Learn more in these Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ).
    • Beginning January 10, 2026, Microsoft Publisher will no longer be supported as part of Microsoft 365. Many common Publisher scenarios are available in other Microsoft 365 apps, including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Designer. 

    Action Recommended: Before January 10, 2026, convert your existing Publisher files to PDF or Word format. After this date, you will no longer be able to open or edit these files with Microsoft Publisher.

    Your excuse for 30% increase is AI, but I never asked for AI

    Compare it to a leased car, you take it in for service and they have taken out your sound system and added a turbo and charge you 30% more per month.

    You never asked for any of this.

    For Skype users, Rebtel is a good working alternative for Skype!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-04-29T12:13:48+00:00

    Bill don't want to lost money :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments