MicroSoft 365 Home is increasing by 30% in 2025?

Anonymous
2025-01-19T17:31:59+00:00

Aside from financial greediness, what justification does MicroSoft have for raising my [Home] M365 annual subscription fee by 30% in 2025? I can stomach a 10% increase but 30% is uncalled for. Are you punishing your recurring subscribers in order to line your pockets even more?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T17:17:50+00:00

    Thomas - I couldn't find on Microsoft's site what the subscription fee is for Microsoft 365 Family Classic in my region (USA-Kentucky), can you provide? One thing I did see was that Microsoft 365 Family Classic is available for "a limited time"... what does that mean? Also, I'm currently sharing my Microsoft 365 Family with other family users with me being the primary account holder. If I downgrade to Microsoft 365 Family Classic, how does that effect my other family users? Is the downgrade automatically applied to them or is there something additional that they have to do? Would the "downgraded" software have to be downloaded and installed on all of our machines?

    Thanks - BKSlone

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-20T07:27:46+00:00

    Hi BKSlone,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community.

    As you have learned in another thread. The reason for the subscription price increase is that the product team has added Copilot to all Office applications starting from January 16, 2025. As a cost for unlimited use of AI, Microsoft has raised the subscription price.

    However, if you do not need this feature, you can downgrade your subscription to Microsoft 365 Classic subcription, which will reduce the subscription price by $30. Correspondingly, your monthly quota for using Copilot to assist in creating documents will be limited. For more information about the Microsoft 365 Classic subscription and how to cancel your subscription for a refund, please refer to: Switching to Microsoft 365 Personal and Family Classic Plans - Microsoft Support

    I hope my explanation helps you understand the reason for your subscription price increase. Although the decision to raise prices was not made by me, I completely understand how you feel. Copilot can indeed be disabled, but this falls outside the scope of the discussion on the subscription price increase thread. I will address your other thread about disabling Copilot later.

    If you have any further questions or want to share more context about the subscription price increase, please let me know in your reply!

    Best Regards,

    Thomas C - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments