How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-16T04:13:59+00:00

    I agree if for some reason you do like Copilot, just ignore it. What is all the fuss about? I like Copilot in my MS 335 Personal sub, especially the downloaded apps, where I can integrate with my Copilot Pro sub.

    Ai is a remarkable thing for god's sake. Do people realize the advance it will cause in human civilization?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T19:45:08+00:00

    Rfbeck: "I agree if for some reason you do like Copilot, just ignore it. What is all the fuss about? I like Copilot in my MS 335 Personal sub, especially the downloaded apps, where I can integrate with my Copilot Pro sub.

    Ai is a remarkable thing for god's sake. Do people realize the advance it will cause in human civilization?"

    The point is that it's being forced on people and comes with a 42% increase in subscription price, with no option to go without it like our original subscriptions. If I just "ignore it", I'm still paying for it and it's still interrupting what I'm trying to do.

    AI might be good, but there are other places to get it from, rather than Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T23:52:15+00:00

    Just be aware when cancelling and changing the subscription that the tables that show the various options, shows your current yearly fee for full suite with co-pilot as cheaper than the without copilot option as it does not include the price rise from 1st July 2025 of AU$179 for the full suite with co-pilot. In the table it compares the current annual fee of $125 with co-pilot with the AU$139 fee for without co-pilot.

    At first glance it looks like it's cheaper to stay with the full suite with co-pilot. Ditch co-pilot and save AU$40.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T18:33:15+00:00

    Resubscribe to the copilot plan for a month, immediately cancel and take the option to switch to one without Copilot, that worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T15:13:23+00:00

    "I agree if for some reason you do like Copilot, just ignore it."

    My issue is that the price went up 45% with the addition of Copilot. So I'd be paying more for a function that I decidedly don't want!! The extra $$ is probably to support their AI, which I don't care to fund!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments