How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-26T18:27:24+00:00

    Totally agree.

    They raised the subscription price and hid the option to get a non-Copilot subscription.

    This is completely dishonest. I won't renew my Office 365 under these conditions.

    I was a happy customer and would have gladly continued. But this just made me MAD !!

    Here's a video about it: https://youtu.be/eYVPThx7yss?si=qa3E3WtMgORxsoJ9

    Was this answer helpful?

    40+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T13:42:42+00:00

    VERIFIED!

    I went to my MS account, Manage Subscription, Cancel Subscription, then it let me choose to renew at exactly what I have now…

    Microsoft 365 Personal Classic $69.99/year

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T13:49:40+00:00

    Unfortunately, this is only offered to some users. I wasn't offered it so now I've canceled my M365 subscription. The forums are full of users reporting the same issue. And their chat support is clueless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T17:23:07+00:00

    Did you lose all of your One Drive files? Or were they still there?

    I'll have to see -- my renewal is through Best Buy, where I got my computer. I'll have to ask them!!!

    Thanks for your response !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-30T17:49:23+00:00

    So I just went in to do this and to change the the "Classic without AI" it would COST ME 8.50$ more per year.... They are actually charging more to me to remove copilot and AI then to keep it. What a way to trick you into using it and keeping it, dirty pool MS dirty pool. I really hate all this AI **** and really don't want Co-Pilot recording all my entries of everything. I am seriously considering paying the extra NOT to have it as part of my M365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments