How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-07-02T19:41:26+00:00

    I've made a decision -- unless Microsoft changes their minds and goes back to the regular non-Copilot pricing in the next 2 months....!!

    I have created a new free MS account (you get 5 GB cloud storage and web-based Office), and then if/when needed, increase to the Microsoft 365 Basic offer (100GB cloud storage, web versions of Office, $19.99/year, no Copilot) after my current MS account expires later this year.

    I am currently moving my folders over to my new account. For One Note files, I'm exporting/importing them, which has worked fine (I really love One Note!!)

    For me, my Microsoft usage for work has declined. So for my personal MS use, I don't need as much storage. The 1TB storage I currently have is great, but I can get by with less.

    I wish that it didn't come to this because I've been a satisfied customer. But I think MS is all-in on Copilot AI and forcing subscribers to pay for it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more