How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T10:34:19+00:00

    I detest Copilot, so I had the same query. Bur on searching - this is the answer I received:

    Not possible


    This means that it is not possible to purchase a separate Personal 365 plan without Copilot, which is part of the Microsoft 365 suite of features designed to enhance users' productivity and creativity.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T02:37:50+00:00

    My 365 family was renewed on the 31st. I immediately cancelled after seeing the new increased charge and then was shown a cheaper option wothout co pilot.

    But the fact that this is in my opinion is no less than extortion has now made me cancel it altogether after 8 years. Wont be coming back to a company that tries to sell products while disguising then in prior subscriptions and not bothering to either inform or ask first before raising prices. Outright deception.

    I never wanted co pilot even if it had been included in the old price! You are losing way too many loyal customers simply because you tried to force this rate increase instead of simply asking.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-30T17:49:23+00:00

    So I just went in to do this and to change the the "Classic without AI" it would COST ME 8.50$ more per year.... They are actually charging more to me to remove copilot and AI then to keep it. What a way to trick you into using it and keeping it, dirty pool MS dirty pool. I really hate all this AI **** and really don't want Co-Pilot recording all my entries of everything. I am seriously considering paying the extra NOT to have it as part of my M365.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T17:23:07+00:00

    Did you lose all of your One Drive files? Or were they still there?

    I'll have to see -- my renewal is through Best Buy, where I got my computer. I'll have to ask them!!!

    Thanks for your response !!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-27T13:49:40+00:00

    Unfortunately, this is only offered to some users. I wasn't offered it so now I've canceled my M365 subscription. The forums are full of users reporting the same issue. And their chat support is clueless.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments