How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T17:42:07+00:00

    I downloaded all the files right after cancelling and it wasn't until yesterday that they downgraded me and all family accounts to the free 5 gb version. I think the files remain there in a read only mode for a month or so but since we cant upload anything and also because we wont receive any new emails until we either resubscribe or delete the files to bring the total storage below 5 gb, I went ahead and deleted them myself so now all emails are working. I had also stopped receiving emails since yesterday but thats good now that I'm below 5 gb. Yes Libre Office, I'm actually amazed at how well that works, just a slight learning curve but an awesome alternative.

    Now I'm waiting for my bank to confirm the charge has been refunded since I cancelled after they had charged the new price and Microsoft did issue a refund right away, says it takes 3-5 business days. Will check tomorrow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T15:53:15+00:00

    Hello,

    I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

    ...

    Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

    Does your mother actually need all of Microsoft Office?

    Libre Office is free and very similar to the Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.

    One Drive has become intrusive, and there are other options for cloud storage out there.

    I'd evaluate her needs before subscribing --for example, if she's retired, or doesn't use the Office suite so much, something like Libre Office will work fine.

    I'm migrating things out of One Drive and preparing to end my Microsoft subscription because they have forced Copilot on subscribers without asking, and they forced a price increase for that unwanted Copilot service.

    Copilot is intrusive and unwanted --- much worse than "Clippy" from years ago. Much worse.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T15:50:47+00:00

    VERIFIED!

    I went to my MS account, Manage Subscription, Cancel Subscription, then it let me choose to renew at exactly what I have now…

    Microsoft 365 Personal Classic $69.99/year

    But you would lose everything in your One Drive, unless you downloaded everything, right?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T15:38:28+00:00

    deleted

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T15:33:57+00:00

    Usman, I agree 100% !!

    They are sneaking in Copilot, plus an increase, which are just going to enrage customers like you and me.

    I've started to use Libre Office for my documents, etc., and I'm looking for other cloud storage.

    Then I'll be done with Microsoft, like you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments