How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-20T19:45:08+00:00

    Rfbeck: "I agree if for some reason you do like Copilot, just ignore it. What is all the fuss about? I like Copilot in my MS 335 Personal sub, especially the downloaded apps, where I can integrate with my Copilot Pro sub.

    Ai is a remarkable thing for god's sake. Do people realize the advance it will cause in human civilization?"

    The point is that it's being forced on people and comes with a 42% increase in subscription price, with no option to go without it like our original subscriptions. If I just "ignore it", I'm still paying for it and it's still interrupting what I'm trying to do.

    AI might be good, but there are other places to get it from, rather than Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-16T04:13:59+00:00

    I agree if for some reason you do like Copilot, just ignore it. What is all the fuss about? I like Copilot in my MS 335 Personal sub, especially the downloaded apps, where I can integrate with my Copilot Pro sub.

    Ai is a remarkable thing for god's sake. Do people realize the advance it will cause in human civilization?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T22:20:32+00:00

    Yes thank you! It's absolutely ridiculous that Microsoft are doing this, and more than likely getting away with it. They hadn't increased my subscription fee yet, but my wife got her price hiked up. I'll be showing her how to do this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T17:50:52+00:00

    I downloaded all the files right after cancelling and it wasn't until yesterday that they downgraded me and all family accounts to the free 5 gb version. I think the files remain there in a read only mode for a month or so but since we cant upload anything and also because we wont receive any new emails until we either resubscribe or delete the files to bring the total storage below 5 gb,

    Good to know. So it's probably best to download everything before cancelling to avoid any storage-limit issues.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T17:46:03+00:00

    The reasons that I kept my Microsoft Office 365 subscription:

    The price was reasonable

    1 TB of cloud storage

    MS suite (word, excel)

    But with Copilot and the price increase, I'm using Libre Office and looking for other cloud storage.

    The reasons for having my subscription don't apply anymore, Co-pilot is intrusive, and I refuse to pay extra for that.

    It's a shame -- I'd keep my subscription if they hadn't "improved" it.

    Mine ends in September, so I'm giving it some time to see if anything improves... though I may just cancel if nothing improves. (looking at you, Copilot)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments