How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T14:11:29+00:00

    I totally agree, I have changed mine back to classic,

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T14:09:32+00:00

    Hi

    Thats not true, My subscription was renewed with Co Pilot, for me its a nightmare, changes so much, and blocks and stop you doing what you used to. I eventually, was advise, how to get 365 Office without Co Pilot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T15:13:23+00:00

    "I agree if for some reason you do like Copilot, just ignore it."

    My issue is that the price went up 45% with the addition of Copilot. So I'd be paying more for a function that I decidedly don't want!! The extra $$ is probably to support their AI, which I don't care to fund!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T18:33:15+00:00

    Resubscribe to the copilot plan for a month, immediately cancel and take the option to switch to one without Copilot, that worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T23:52:15+00:00

    Just be aware when cancelling and changing the subscription that the tables that show the various options, shows your current yearly fee for full suite with co-pilot as cheaper than the without copilot option as it does not include the price rise from 1st July 2025 of AU$179 for the full suite with co-pilot. In the table it compares the current annual fee of $125 with co-pilot with the AU$139 fee for without co-pilot.

    At first glance it looks like it's cheaper to stay with the full suite with co-pilot. Ditch co-pilot and save AU$40.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments