How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-06-25T04:57:43+00:00

    This is why it sux that we all rely on one company with a monopoly. We NEED to use the same apps like Word or Excel for collaboration. But, then they use that to force features we don't need or want and jack up the prices.

    YES, they lied. I just downgraded to the lower price on June 25.

    So, I guess next they will jack the price $4 a month to have AI-generated singing kittens and puppies perform in the corner of their apps while I'm working?

    Google Docs is not a complete alternative, sadly.

    This is a literal, flagrant and outright lie on the part of Microsoft. Do not listen to it, do not believe it. I assume that you are being told by your management to peddle this, and it is not your fault, but it is a flagrant lie from your team.

    @ Ellebear Dee You are being forcibly upgraded to Office 365 Personal + CoPilot without approval as a cash grab and a way to pad the adoption of the AI nonsense that Microsoft is now desperately trying to find someone to pay them to use - hence why your bill was changed from £79.99 to £104.99.

    You can downgrade back to £79.99 and remove CoPilot features as advised here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/switching-to-microsoft-365-personal-and-family-classic-plans-58342e83-38e7-4cda-b63b-88604a8fb7ef

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-06-25T04:43:27+00:00

    Ridiculous that you're charging extra when we're getting our AI elsewhere.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-06-24T17:58:46+00:00

    Isn't this illegal? I was not offered any ability to renew MS Office 365 personal/home without AI Co-pilot spyware as I consider it to be, as they are holding my files hostage to force the renewal of $99.99/year.

    Co-Pilot is forced on you. I had no other options. I'm on the lowest tier they have other than free version with no ability to work offline, download etc, as it's useless for me as I need access to my files that are kept on OneDrive and not on my hard drive as I wasn't aware of this either! Now I wonder if they will begin charging extra per month or year after forcing users to renew adding Co-Pilot for MS Office 365 Personal/home version.

    If they do, I will report them to the federal trade commission. They probably would do nothing, but I will attempt to try. I hate all this AI **** by the corrupt Government to create a surveillance state.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-06-04T01:22:01+00:00

    I have just completed this process today 4th June 2025. It can still be done.

    You have to cancel your current subscription - only then do you get the offer of Microsoft Personal at AUD109 (rather than AUD159). Very hard to find this offer unless you go to this page:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/switching-to-microsoft-365-personal-and-family-classic-plans-58342e83-38e7-4cda-b63b-88604a8fb7ef

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-05-21T19:12:19+00:00

    Thank you, NancyMi, for the amazing video. You are so right.

    I've been using Microsoft products since Windows 3.1 and even before (do you remember DOS?)

    And this is the worst. For some reason, my subscription wasn't renewed, and suddenly my Microsoft 365 is not working (mainly Outlook - I did update my iOS on my Mac overnight).

    I contacted Microsoft support via chat, and after waiting for about 1h, I spoke to an agent, who couldn't explain the reason it wasn't renewed, and actually, all my subscription history disappeared.

    Eventually, the agent sent me a link and instructions, but it was incorrect. This is so frustrating.

    After calling twice and not being able to pass the bot, I was given the correct link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/sales-support

    I hope it can help someone else.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments