How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T09:18:40+00:00

    Hi, Ellebear Dee

    Thank you for using Microsoft products and posting them to the community.

    Copilot features are currently included in both Microsoft 365 Personal and Home subscriptions. This means that it is not possible to purchase a separate Personal 365 plan without Copilot, which is part of the Microsoft 365 suite of features designed to enhance users' productivity and creativity.

    If your mother doesn't need to use the Copilot features, you can choose to continue with your Microsoft 365 Personal subscription and just ignore them.The Copilot features don't affect the use of other regular Office applications.

    I hope the above information can help you. Feel free to send a message if you need further help.

    Best wishes

    Aiden.C - MSFT |Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T08:20:00+00:00

    You have to cancel o365 not simply turn off renewal.

    Any family member would need to turn off OneDrive sync, and download all data to their local PC and then uninstal o365 as they will lose all data when you cancel.

    The other person can then buy any Office licence that meets their needs, there is only the single o365 Pers

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments