How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-05-06T12:28:48+00:00

    It's really shocking that they don't give you the option of the classic versions, even when you go via the chat, until you send them the link above.

    I've just had the following response after they've gone to their manager to get approval to put me onto the classic versions

    "I see, by the way, do you consider getting the 10.49/month for the family.

    About the AI: You can visit this link to know more about the Copilot:
    Copilot Prompt Gallery

    You have the option to disable this features."

    Why would anyone want to pay more for something they don't want?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-04-17T17:30:55+00:00

    My renewal was due today, and I have tried several times over to renew at the same cost as before - €69. I don't need 1TB storage and there is just me - not multiple users. That said, I was happy to renew at the existing price and would have done so.

    In frustration, I cancelled the renewal. Then I found a link to Basic so resubscribed - only to discover Word is not included. So unable to upgrade to anything other than the co-pilot option, that subscription has been cancelled, and I am back to square one.

    Agree with all the other comments on this topic, we are being forced to use co-pilot and they have the cheek to force us to pay for it.

    Looking for alternatives - they are out there. Just bloody inconvenient.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-15T20:50:35+00:00

    As a writer I am so relieved that users have been given the option to disable Copilot in Word.

    Yes, but you are paying more for the Copilot subscription, only to disable it !!

    MS needs to make the actual subscription an option. There are all of these work-arounds posted --- renew with copilot, cancel, then start a new account, etc. It shouldn't be so difficult to find the non-Copilot option -- they keep it very well hidden.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T14:09:32+00:00

    Hi

    Thats not true, My subscription was renewed with Co Pilot, for me its a nightmare, changes so much, and blocks and stop you doing what you used to. I eventually, was advise, how to get 365 Office without Co Pilot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T22:20:32+00:00

    Yes thank you! It's absolutely ridiculous that Microsoft are doing this, and more than likely getting away with it. They hadn't increased my subscription fee yet, but my wife got her price hiked up. I'll be showing her how to do this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments