How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-03-15T14:11:29+00:00

    I totally agree, I have changed mine back to classic,

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-13T18:33:15+00:00

    Resubscribe to the copilot plan for a month, immediately cancel and take the option to switch to one without Copilot, that worked for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T17:46:03+00:00

    The reasons that I kept my Microsoft Office 365 subscription:

    The price was reasonable

    1 TB of cloud storage

    MS suite (word, excel)

    But with Copilot and the price increase, I'm using Libre Office and looking for other cloud storage.

    The reasons for having my subscription don't apply anymore, Co-pilot is intrusive, and I refuse to pay extra for that.

    It's a shame -- I'd keep my subscription if they hadn't "improved" it.

    Mine ends in September, so I'm giving it some time to see if anything improves... though I may just cancel if nothing improves. (looking at you, Copilot)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-03T10:34:19+00:00

    I detest Copilot, so I had the same query. Bur on searching - this is the answer I received:

    Not possible


    This means that it is not possible to purchase a separate Personal 365 plan without Copilot, which is part of the Microsoft 365 suite of features designed to enhance users' productivity and creativity.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-21T09:18:40+00:00

    Hi, Ellebear Dee

    Thank you for using Microsoft products and posting them to the community.

    Copilot features are currently included in both Microsoft 365 Personal and Home subscriptions. This means that it is not possible to purchase a separate Personal 365 plan without Copilot, which is part of the Microsoft 365 suite of features designed to enhance users' productivity and creativity.

    If your mother doesn't need to use the Copilot features, you can choose to continue with your Microsoft 365 Personal subscription and just ignore them.The Copilot features don't affect the use of other regular Office applications.

    I hope the above information can help you. Feel free to send a message if you need further help.

    Best wishes

    Aiden.C - MSFT |Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments