How can I buy Office 365 without Copilot

Anonymous
2025-01-21T00:25:30+00:00

Hello,

I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

Currently, she is on my family plan, but I am cancelling that because I'm getting a subscription through my university instead. I saw when turning off autorenewel on my current plan that it was possible to get a subscription without copilot. My mum does not want and will never use any copilot features, so I wanted to get her that plan. However, when trying to create a new subscription for my mum on her account, this option was not available.

Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-04-12T17:46:22+00:00

    I cannot agree with you more. I know there are a miniscule handful of users that use Copilot, so give them that CHOICE. For the rest of use, let us get on with our work without the annoying intrusive Copilot that adds nothing to productivity or anything else, despite Microsoft's claims. As a writer I am so relieved that users have been given the option to disable Copilot in Word. Can you imagine how frustrated famous writers like the Nobel prize winner for literature, Ernest Hemingway, and others, such as Cormac McCarthy, would have been with the intrusive, and in reality, NOT so smart, Copilot. Writers live with the constant fear that with the next Windows update we will find that we can no loner disable the Copilot devil.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-03-14T15:13:23+00:00

    "I agree if for some reason you do like Copilot, just ignore it."

    My issue is that the price went up 45% with the addition of Copilot. So I'd be paying more for a function that I decidedly don't want!! The extra $$ is probably to support their AI, which I don't care to fund!

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-04-12T00:27:41+00:00

    Microsoft should not auatoamticcaly include co-pilot in Office 365, I should have the option to renew without co-pilot without cancelling my subscription and at a lower price.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-03-10T23:52:15+00:00

    Just be aware when cancelling and changing the subscription that the tables that show the various options, shows your current yearly fee for full suite with co-pilot as cheaper than the without copilot option as it does not include the price rise from 1st July 2025 of AU$179 for the full suite with co-pilot. In the table it compares the current annual fee of $125 with co-pilot with the AU$139 fee for without co-pilot.

    At first glance it looks like it's cheaper to stay with the full suite with co-pilot. Ditch co-pilot and save AU$40.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-05T15:53:15+00:00

    Hello,

    I am trying to buy a personal 365 subscription for my mother.

    ...

    Is it possible to buy a personal 365 plan without copilot? Or is that option only available when you're changing a pre-existing plan?

    Does your mother actually need all of Microsoft Office?

    Libre Office is free and very similar to the Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.

    One Drive has become intrusive, and there are other options for cloud storage out there.

    I'd evaluate her needs before subscribing --for example, if she's retired, or doesn't use the Office suite so much, something like Libre Office will work fine.

    I'm migrating things out of One Drive and preparing to end my Microsoft subscription because they have forced Copilot on subscribers without asking, and they forced a price increase for that unwanted Copilot service.

    Copilot is intrusive and unwanted --- much worse than "Clippy" from years ago. Much worse.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments