How do I get this charge to stop?

Anonymous
2025-01-17T20:02:09+00:00

Mod note: Brought here by a search? Please read the last post on page 5.

I received a mystery charge from Microsoft how do I cancel it; if it's the subscription I think it is it should've been cancelled years ago

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-18T00:41:48+00:00

    Dear Brandon Gostomski,

    Thank you for reaching out regarding the mystery charge from Microsoft. To stop the charge and investigate the issue, here are the steps you can follow:

    Steps to Investigate and Cancel the Subscription

    1. Check Your Subscription Status

    • Log in to your Microsoft account at Microsoft Account Services.

    • Under Services & Subscriptions, look for any active subscriptions and verify which one is being charged.

    1. Identify the Subscription

    • If the charge is related to a subscription you believe should have been canceled, check the subscription details for confirmation.

    • Look for any auto-renewal settings that may have been missed during the cancellation process.

    1. Cancel the Subscription

    • Once you identify the subscription:

    • Go to Manage and select Cancel Subscription to stop future charges.

    • If the subscription is no longer needed, make sure to follow through with the cancellation to avoid further payments.

    1. Request a Refund for the Unauthorized Charge

    • Visit the Refund Request page.

    • Find the charge in question and select Request a Refund.

    • Explain that the subscription should have been canceled and request a refund for the amount.

    1. Contact Microsoft Support if Necessary

    • If you’re unable to cancel or get a refund online, contact Microsoft Support:

    • Visit Microsoft Support Contact Page.

    • Choose Billing > Subscription Support and provide them with the relevant details.

    1. Monitor Future Charges

    • Once the subscription is canceled, keep an eye on your bank statements to ensure no further charges occur.

    I hope this helps resolve the issue and stop the charge. Let me know if you need further assistance!

    Best regards,

    Yuki

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-23T17:51:55+00:00

    I am getting charged for an account I can't find. I received an email at ******@gmail.com but I can't find the microsoft account attached to it. The company is called ATX Odd Job Rescue Squad and I think it's a developer account that said I didn't qualify for. G071074898 is the invoice number. Can you help figure this out? Betsy ******@outlook.com or ******@gmail.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-24T17:10:09+00:00

    Hi, in December and January I have been charged (looks like a reoccurring fee) for something that I did not order.

    Please let me know what this is for and remove me from any subscription from Microsoft.

    You can contact me at [removed] for further clarification as well.

    If the subscription isn’t stopped then I will contract my credit card company

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-24T22:05:06+00:00

    Hi,

    I have an unauthorized charge on my account. We had a Microsoft account in the past and we canceled and received a refund. I don't know why we are being charged again. We have not used this account in years and we have no access to it. Please cancel the account and put a note to not charge anymore. Please contact me for any further needed information ******@gmail.com. I will dispute the charge if I do not get a response. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-25T02:23:29+00:00

    I need someone to

    Call me back because mine has nothing to do

    With subscription but my network provider (EE) said they got a bill from a third party (Microsoft) which was recurring for

    Days and amounted to

    230.91 pounds. I need help for this to be resolved as soon as possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments