YouTube Vidoes asking me to log in when playing in POWER POINT

Anonymous
2024-08-12T02:27:14+00:00

I have been inseritng you tube vidoes into my powerpoints for training presentations. No issues in the past, but today it is asking me to "LOGIN" to ensure not a bot.

I have logged into youtube with a premium accoutn when I copied and pasted the link. Is there something else I am missing?

Any help will be greatly appreciated....

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Steve Rindsberg 99,176 Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2025-03-05T22:23:17+00:00

    Turning off Norton’s VPN has worked for me (Windows) - however I now get the full ‘advertising experience’ with each video…. It now seems that MS doesn’t want to fix this as it might interfere with their advertising revenue… Happy to be proven wrong MS!?

    Not MS, but I've been watching this thread since the beginning. If' you review the earlier messages, you'll see that this is a situation that YouTube has imposed on PowerPoint, not something that Microsoft has changed.

    It's Youtube's content; they make the ad revenue, not MS, and they make the rules as to how it can be used.

    Because of a quirk in one of their rules, you may find that the same file works fine when viewed in the web version of PPT rather than the desktop version.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-15T01:35:37+00:00

    I dont have norton antivirus running, and don't have VPN. I'm on a macbook pro. Restart hasn't worked, nor embed. What's the fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-10T21:27:59+00:00

    Worked for me too. using NordVPN and disabled it for 5 mins. tried the video in PP, it worked, re-enabled my VPN, it still worked

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-20T19:14:17+00:00

    I called for help from Microsoft. A very simple RESTART allowed my videos to work. My videos now have the commercials before the video begins, but I don’t care as long as the content of the video plays. Try restarting your computer. I hope it works for you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-20T02:47:37+00:00

    I didn't work for me either. I have the same PPT played back in August 2024 and everything is fine but now can't play the youtube video within the presentation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments