A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
hello, is there an update on this fix?
I will have to move to another provider if contents search isn't fixed.
kpt
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Once upon a time, the Onedrive search feature allowed you to search file contents, as well as file names.
Now it appears that Onedrive only allows you to search file names.
When did this change, and why? Content searches were a very practical feature.
Microsoft will lose users to better services (such as Google Drive) if it continues to make regressive changes like this. Being able to search file contents is a very low bar in 2024.
A Microsoft file hosting and synchronization service.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
hello, is there an update on this fix?
I will have to move to another provider if contents search isn't fixed.
kpt
Is there any update on this issue? I'm experiencing the same problem, and it's very disruptive as it makes the OneDrive web interface almost unusable.
It now works for me (finally).
I'm astounded that such a top company would experience such a fundamental failure, but at least it's fixed now (for me). Hope it stays fixed.
Did you have to change any setting? For me it still only works with files' names
It still doesn't work for me. I can only search within the contents of my files when at home with my desktop PC, which has all my files on. I can't if away from home with my laptop, which doesn't have enough memory for all my files, so has to access the cloud.
It's very annoying. I've asked for help via One Drive "Contact Support" and not had a reply, which is also annoying.
kpt