Subscription increase

Anonymous
2024-11-11T01:30:15+00:00

I have just received notification from Microsoft that my Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription is going to increase by a whopping 45.87%! surely this has to be a scam, right or as a pensioner and an avid user of Microsoft products for in excess of 25 years, am I being ripped off by Microsoft?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-06T14:43:00+00:00

    Another one who's received the 'good news'....

    This is just ridiculous.... anyone interested in setting up a consumer fight back group?

    I am going to start by writing to Trading Standards....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T07:25:40+00:00

    I solved this by contacting their support; they then offered to cancel my auto-renewal, then pointed me out to the sales support team at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/sales-support who offered me a "classic" subscription that doesn't have the AI at the old price.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T22:01:53+00:00

    I'm out. I use Word and OneDrive, and pay for the space on the cloud. But this price increase doesn't justify keeping Word or my OneDrive account. There are better options, and cheaper, out there now for cloud storage. Microsoft, like every other company, has gotten greedy. A price increase of a buck or so, but this increase is ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-16T01:35:24+00:00

    This was a good solution. I contacted the chat support. They asked me if I wanted to remove Copilot and if so they remove the auto renewal. Then you start afresh without copilot after expiry on the same charges. I was paying AUD$139. Bot WC said: Once the plan gets inactive, you would be able to renew the plan with the same price as earlier and for preventing it from increasing, I suggest you connect with our Sales Team once as they will definitely help you with the purchase for the plan which does not include the Co-pilot, and your issue will be fixed.
    The link for connecting with our Sales Team is mentioned below:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/sales-support?msockid=1224e59621d967d10f84f004206b662a

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-02-16T01:35:45+00:00

    once the plan gets inactive, for the duration of 30 days all your data and files on OneDrive will remain active and you would be able to access them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments