Subscription increase

Anonymous
2024-11-11T01:30:15+00:00

I have just received notification from Microsoft that my Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription is going to increase by a whopping 45.87%! surely this has to be a scam, right or as a pensioner and an avid user of Microsoft products for in excess of 25 years, am I being ripped off by Microsoft?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T11:34:24+00:00

    Cancelled my subscription. At least I have until May to decide on what alternative I want to use. It's frustrating that they want us to pay such a drastic amount more for so much that we don't want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-11T10:22:11+00:00

    I requested a call back to talk about this issue but after 2 days...nothing.
    Today I succeeded to get in contact with MS via the chat function on the MS webpage that compares the different versions of MS 365.
    I got in contact with Maria who was very helpful to manually cancelling and halting as of today my MS subscription that was Microsoft 365 Personal which was running till late April. She than helped me to buy the MS 365 Family classic which comes without the intrusive Copilot. She also turned off the Auto-renewal for me.
    After uninstalling MS 365 personal which was "upgraded with Copilot beyond our blessings" and installing the Microsoft 365 Family I finally got rid of Copilot!
    Happy to be able to work with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook in a focused way, without being pestered by the intrusive Copilot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T00:42:52+00:00

    By my calculation, my Microsoft 365 subscription will increase by 28% when it next falls due. This is largest increase since 2016 (33.7%) and vastly more than the two roughly 10% increases between 2018 and 2023.

    I personally am not interested in the CoPilot AI inclusions, which I currently suppress. I know how to use all the tools in the Office suite without assistance.

    I think this increase is out-of-proportion and can't be justified by reason of cost increases and financial pressure. Microsoft is enjoying one of the most prosperous periods in its entire operating history - riding on the back of the change to the subscription model.

    Ahead of October, I'll be considering what the consequences of terminating my subscription might be - i.e. do I have to change to another suite of products? Can I live without the online components such as One Drive (which I value)?

    I think that Microsoft needs to be held accountable by collective agitation and action from its customer base.

    Rick Stocker

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T03:37:27+00:00

    There is an option to switch to 'Microsoft 365 Personal Classic' which is the same as 'Microsoft 365 Personal' without the AI features, and will not be subject to the price increase.

    This can be done by going to 'cancel subscription' within your account. The option to switch to Personal Classic will then be displayed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T04:04:38+00:00

    There is an option to switch to 'Microsoft 365 Personal Classic' which is the same as 'Microsoft 365 Personal' without the AI features, and will not be subject to the price increase.

    This can be done by going to 'cancel subscription' within your account. The option to switch to Personal Classic will then be displayed.

    This option was not available to me, I was told this and spent hours troubleshooting with Microsoft support, they said there is some glitch and many customers are experiencing the same and could not access the option to switch to classic and it could only be done via support, yet they still could not switch my subscription, a supervisor intervened as the support person could not help me at all. They said all I can do is turn off my auto renew and contact support again at the time my subscription ends in March, allegedly the team will know how to work around the glitch then... does not leave me with much confidence.....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments