Subscription increase

Anonymous
2024-11-11T01:30:15+00:00

I have just received notification from Microsoft that my Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription is going to increase by a whopping 45.87%! surely this has to be a scam, right or as a pensioner and an avid user of Microsoft products for in excess of 25 years, am I being ripped off by Microsoft?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-05T08:33:35+00:00

    I don’t think Microsoft have supplied an adequate rationale for the 46% increase in our Excel subscription. It feels like gouging to us and a very unfair “loyalty tax”. We’re giving them one more chance to give a reasonable rationale otherwise we take this to the ACCC (Australia’s consumer affairs watchdog).

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-05T22:32:13+00:00

    I agree and would be happy to support

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-06T05:24:38+00:00

    Yes I agree, that “price gouging” has become rampant through many industries. I have been a loyal customer of Microsoft for over thirty years now & I do not believe they are ready to listen to their customers. Unfortunately the ACCC is seen by many as a toothless tiger when it comes to taking action.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T23:10:07+00:00

    What a poor and most likely an automated response. Hasn't at all addressed the question of the outrageous price increase...If if it was a human response then Pyke.D may well have a career in politics.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T23:18:20+00:00

    I just received the email - mine is increasing from $109.99 to $159.99 - for what?? $50 more is ridiculous! Anything MS can do, so can google. They’ll lose heaps of customers over this. Myself included. What am I going to use bloody AI for?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments