Subscription increase

Anonymous
2024-11-11T01:30:15+00:00

I have just received notification from Microsoft that my Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription is going to increase by a whopping 45.87%! surely this has to be a scam, right or as a pensioner and an avid user of Microsoft products for in excess of 25 years, am I being ripped off by Microsoft?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T00:12:35+00:00

    Sorry but NO! My personal subscription hasn't changed from 69.99 $ to 99.99 it's changed from AUD 109.00/year to AUD 159.00/year. This is entirely unjustifiable. If the increase is due to the inclusion of AI functionality then you are offering a DIFFERENT PRODUCT. The very fact we are paying a subscription is to receive an ongoing service. I'm happy to pay a reasonable increase due to inflation but not in the order of a 46% increase for something I didn't ask for, and so far I find AI to be extremely intrusive and a negative influence on my MS experience.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T23:54:29+00:00

    I received a notice from Microsoft today “Starting on 02/03/2025, the price for your Microsoft 365 Family subscription will change from AUD 139.00/year to AUD 179.00/year.”  That rounds to a 29% increase! The reason from Microsoft being “to access powerful AI features in the apps”.  This seems like Microsoft are saying, given people can’t justify buying copilot separately we’re going to charge you for it anyway given the amount we have invested in it.

    Shouldn’t the base subscription be sufficient for research and development and subsequent new functionality? I feel like we’re being held over a barrel here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T23:18:20+00:00

    I just received the email - mine is increasing from $109.99 to $159.99 - for what?? $50 more is ridiculous! Anything MS can do, so can google. They’ll lose heaps of customers over this. Myself included. What am I going to use bloody AI for?

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-08T23:10:07+00:00

    What a poor and most likely an automated response. Hasn't at all addressed the question of the outrageous price increase...If if it was a human response then Pyke.D may well have a career in politics.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-06T05:24:38+00:00

    Yes I agree, that “price gouging” has become rampant through many industries. I have been a loyal customer of Microsoft for over thirty years now & I do not believe they are ready to listen to their customers. Unfortunately the ACCC is seen by many as a toothless tiger when it comes to taking action.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments