Subscription increase

Anonymous
2024-11-11T01:30:15+00:00

I have just received notification from Microsoft that my Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription is going to increase by a whopping 45.87%! surely this has to be a scam, right or as a pensioner and an avid user of Microsoft products for in excess of 25 years, am I being ripped off by Microsoft?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-11T10:22:11+00:00

    I requested a call back to talk about this issue but after 2 days...nothing.
    Today I succeeded to get in contact with MS via the chat function on the MS webpage that compares the different versions of MS 365.
    I got in contact with Maria who was very helpful to manually cancelling and halting as of today my MS subscription that was Microsoft 365 Personal which was running till late April. She than helped me to buy the MS 365 Family classic which comes without the intrusive Copilot. She also turned off the Auto-renewal for me.
    After uninstalling MS 365 personal which was "upgraded with Copilot beyond our blessings" and installing the Microsoft 365 Family I finally got rid of Copilot!
    Happy to be able to work with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook in a focused way, without being pestered by the intrusive Copilot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T11:34:24+00:00

    Cancelled my subscription. At least I have until May to decide on what alternative I want to use. It's frustrating that they want us to pay such a drastic amount more for so much that we don't want.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T05:51:45+00:00

    I totally agree with you and I also do have Google paid account. Best move would be to just switch to Google and pay to only 1 service.
    I do not mind paying to 2 services when it is the price you agreed to, but if Microsoft thinks they can do whatever they want. I would rather do whatever i want too.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T04:38:17+00:00

    This is absolutely disgusting.

    I've just received my notification that my Family subscription is going up by 28% to $179 and I've had messages from customers of mine (freelance computer tech) that their personal subs are going up by 46% to $159.

    At that price point, Office Home and Business 2021 will pay for itself inside of 3 years.
    "Advanced AI features" - sure, keep telling yourself that. The only reason people are here is because of Outlook (Classic, not new, that's ****. And any naming convention that requires brackets in the name is a terrible choice).

    I'd much rather keep copilot OUT of anything I'm doing. I didn't ask for it, it's intrusive and I'm certainly not going to pay for it without looking at ALL my alternatives and retaining customers only due to a dearth of competition is not where you want to be.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T01:46:50+00:00

    That price hike is an absolute joke. I've just managed to cancel my recurring billing for my 365 personal subscription, and sign up to Microsoft 365 Personal Classic for AU$109 instead - no AI included and will switch over on my current expiry date. Hope that helps everyone!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments