Subscription increase

Anonymous
2024-11-11T01:30:15+00:00

I have just received notification from Microsoft that my Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription is going to increase by a whopping 45.87%! surely this has to be a scam, right or as a pensioner and an avid user of Microsoft products for in excess of 25 years, am I being ripped off by Microsoft?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T08:40:42+00:00

    Darren I 100% agree with your views - but it seems there is nothing that can be done - I don’t want copilot but the options appears to be pay 45% or you can get lost - shocking

    This is completely UNACCEPTABLE! I cannot afford a 48% increase and I do NOT want copilot or AI. I can barely afford the $69.99!!! Time for revolution, folks! They're sucking us dry and giving us nothing in return. I am 70 years old and I cannot stand this vile oligarch sucking us dry. This is worse than Versailles!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-21T08:31:26+00:00

    So what Microsoft is really saying is "We don't care about losing loyal subscribers - pay the new fee or loose access" - so blackmail it is! Yes, the true meaning of subscription access models in the daylight.

    Looks like the beginning of the exploitation of the working and middle classes has begun by big business. With Trump in office, big business will be deregulated so they can do whatever they like to the consumer without recourse. Awesome ..... just awesome. Waiting to see what Apple, Amazon and other big companies start doing to consumers. Perhaps they increased costs because they put up wages ... nah, get serious, only bonuses to management and shareholders.

    So NO, the above information was not helpful - just a bunch of corporate excuses for extorting more fees from long time loyal MS followers.

    OMG! I just stumbled over my own subscription increase: I have paid $69.99 annual automatic subscription for more than 5 years. I've been a loyal Microsoft customer for more than 25-30 years and just this minute found my payment options only allowed $99.99 for personal use--instead of my $69.99 fee. That's 45.87% increase and I never even got any letter informing me of this blackmail highway robbery. I'm a 70 yr old senior who's rent is $50 MORE than my monthly Social Security check so I go to work every day and I'm burning out fast.

    I have no need for AI and I don't want it! Bill Gates goes to tRump Inauguration and regular people stand in the snow and the rain. If I hadn't accidentally stumbled over this horror tonight, I wouldn't have known this until next year! WTH is going on? I don't know how I'll survive. My husband of 18 year skipped to the UK and took all our savings. He owes me $200,000 but good luck collecting it since he's in UK. I have no family. I'm f*cked!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-16T01:35:24+00:00

    This was a good solution. I contacted the chat support. They asked me if I wanted to remove Copilot and if so they remove the auto renewal. Then you start afresh without copilot after expiry on the same charges. I was paying AUD$139. Bot WC said: Once the plan gets inactive, you would be able to renew the plan with the same price as earlier and for preventing it from increasing, I suggest you connect with our Sales Team once as they will definitely help you with the purchase for the plan which does not include the Co-pilot, and your issue will be fixed.
    The link for connecting with our Sales Team is mentioned below:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/business/sales-support?msockid=1224e59621d967d10f84f004206b662a

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-07T22:01:53+00:00

    I'm out. I use Word and OneDrive, and pay for the space on the cloud. But this price increase doesn't justify keeping Word or my OneDrive account. There are better options, and cheaper, out there now for cloud storage. Microsoft, like every other company, has gotten greedy. A price increase of a buck or so, but this increase is ridiculous.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more