Subscription increase

Anonymous
2024-11-11T01:30:15+00:00

I have just received notification from Microsoft that my Microsoft 365 Personal Subscription is going to increase by a whopping 45.87%! surely this has to be a scam, right or as a pensioner and an avid user of Microsoft products for in excess of 25 years, am I being ripped off by Microsoft?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-19T14:32:43+00:00

    You had ONE JOB: clarifying that, once we access "subscriptions", we can opt to maintain the subscription to 365 Personal WITHOUT AI and AT THE SAME OLD PRICE.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-14T09:44:05+00:00

    My subscription was running till late April. When I finally got contact with MS I insisted that I didn't want to wait till late April to cancel before being able to subscribe to a new version of MS365 without Copilot.
    They found a way to manually intervene to cancel the past subscription immediately. You have to insist.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T04:38:17+00:00

    This is absolutely disgusting.

    I've just received my notification that my Family subscription is going up by 28% to $179 and I've had messages from customers of mine (freelance computer tech) that their personal subs are going up by 46% to $159.

    At that price point, Office Home and Business 2021 will pay for itself inside of 3 years.
    "Advanced AI features" - sure, keep telling yourself that. The only reason people are here is because of Outlook (Classic, not new, that's ****. And any naming convention that requires brackets in the name is a terrible choice).

    I'd much rather keep copilot OUT of anything I'm doing. I didn't ask for it, it's intrusive and I'm certainly not going to pay for it without looking at ALL my alternatives and retaining customers only due to a dearth of competition is not where you want to be.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T01:13:37+00:00

    Yes, mine went up $50 AUD. I just got notified and I just turned off the re-occuring billing.

    Quite sure I won't be the only one.

    It's possible to get a cheaper subscription elsewhere each year as a one off code via a retailer.

    I do the same with my internet security every year as it's cheaper to do that than subscibe.

    Seriously it's a massive price hike.

    BTW after posting, Iam seeing pop ups now wanting me to try office 365 for free 🤪

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2025-01-09T01:39:49+00:00

    For us in Australia mine also went up, AUD 109.00/year to AUD 159.00/year . My scenario is I have a Office 365 account at work and also my Personal Account. My personal account I use on my (personal) Microsoft Surface Go and Microsoft Surface Duo 2 smartphone. Recenlty I also upgraded to a paid Google Account for $30 Annual which gives me 100 GB of cloud storage. I check my personal Microsoft Office 365 OneDrive account & am only using 25GB (NB. MS has free accounts with 5GB). So I am weighing up moving all my data to Google Storage & closing my personal Microsoft Office 365 account. Loyalty is a funny thing, you buy their products & they think they own you. When Corporations loose track of their customers they become the next Netscape / AltaVista / Yahoo. I may even go back to Open Office ! Stuff you Microsoft also for failing to support my Lumia 950LX / HP Elite X3 / Microsoft Band / Zune Player etc. ~ call me a Microsoft IDIOT, I bet on the wrong team

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments