"Account Creation has been blocked" - can't create new Microsoft child account

Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T05:05:22+00:00

Hi there - I am hoping for some advice to resolve an issue where I cannot create a new Child email account to add to my 365 premium family subscription. The following error message appears on the Family Safety app on my mobile device:

"We have detected some unusual activity and have blocked the creation of a Microsoft account."

Similar errors appear when trying to do this through a web browser (tried two different browsers, cleared both caches, etc., as per troubleshooting).

It seems like my account has been flagged or something? Any assistance or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Clint

(No screenshots possible due to site errors uploading and / or pasting ...sigh)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T06:09:27+00:00

An update - I have managed to create the account. I still got advised that creation was blocked, but somehow still rolled through the not a robot process. Not sure on why it glitched repeatedly, but I now have my account setup.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-25T20:24:46+00:00

    This is so frustrating! My child got an Xbox for Christmas and we can't create their Microsoft kid's account because it keeps being blocked. Tried calling multiple support phone numbers and they redirect to the general help website and hang up. I've tried multiple devices and it keeps being blocked.

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-26T12:31:18+00:00

    I got the message “you’ve requested too many codes today” but it’s the first time I’m trying today (same message I got yesterday)!!

    For a mutli-B $$$ organization the support to fix this is pretty shocking!

    I tried doing it from a web browser on my phone disconnected from WiFi through account creation and same result - blocked. Tried through a PC. Same result. What else do I need to do?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-26T13:23:34+00:00

    Update: I created a new email and managed to create a new profile for my kid. Hit ANOTHER brick wall when trying to give consent to add the child profile to the Xbox. I get “something went wrong. It’s us, not you” but ZERO support to resolve it. Can’t connect to live agent or find a number to call. How is this so hard in 2024?!

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-12-28T14:53:25+00:00

    Same issue, it’s rediculous, I pay for a new Xbox and cannot even set it up for the kids to use, painful and very poor from Microsoft

    0 comments No comments