"Account Creation has been blocked" - can't create new Microsoft child account

Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T05:05:22+00:00

Hi there - I am hoping for some advice to resolve an issue where I cannot create a new Child email account to add to my 365 premium family subscription. The following error message appears on the Family Safety app on my mobile device:

"We have detected some unusual activity and have blocked the creation of a Microsoft account."

Similar errors appear when trying to do this through a web browser (tried two different browsers, cleared both caches, etc., as per troubleshooting).

It seems like my account has been flagged or something? Any assistance or tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Clint

(No screenshots possible due to site errors uploading and / or pasting ...sigh)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Subscription, account, billing | For home | Other

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Reported
Anonymous
2024-09-09T06:09:27+00:00

An update - I have managed to create the account. I still got advised that creation was blocked, but somehow still rolled through the not a robot process. Not sure on why it glitched repeatedly, but I now have my account setup.

0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-09T19:32:47+00:00

    An update - I have managed to create the account. I still got advised that creation was blocked, but somehow still rolled through the not a robot process. Not sure on why it glitched repeatedly, but I now have my account setup.

    Hi, I am experiencing the exact problem but cannot seem to bypass as you did. Could you please share a few more details on how you got passed this? thank you!

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T06:43:56+00:00

    i need to migrate my data to new lic.

    from Aust to Greece

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-11-10T06:45:23+00:00

    😍🥰👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌💛💛💛

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-11-18T09:17:52+00:00

    To be honest, the workflow is broken.

    If I log in to Microsoft Family, I would like to have an option for creating child accounts right there, already linked to my family. That is, after all, what one tends to do.

    The current workflow assumes the child account already exists, which... seems to look towards how things might need to be done in the past, not towards the future.

    It's extremely dissatisfying.

    0 comments No comments